Wouldn’t you love to have a professional makeup artist do your makeup? Well, luckily you can! Lisa Eldridge is a British beauty who’s clients include Keira Knightley, Kate Moss, Kate Winslet and Lily Collins, just to name a few. Apart from being the global creative director for Lancôme, she’s also worked with Gucci, Prada, Donna Karan and the list goes on and on.
What does this have to do with you? Everything! Because Lisa doesn’t just work with celebrities. She shares makeup advice and tutorials on her wildly successful YouTube channel, Lisa Eldridge.
With over 1 million subscribers, it’s safe to say that Lisa knows a thing or two about makeup. So, if you’re looking for expert tips on how to do your next smokey eye. Look no further. She’s got you – and your eyes -covered.
Here’s what you’ll need for your smokey eye:
A big generous brush
Dark grey shade
Coal eyeliner pencil
Follow these 7 expert tips for your next smokey eye
- First, pat the taupe shade all over the eyelid, up to the socket line
- Then, add the dark grey shade into the socket line (Remember to tap off the excess powder before you apply it. This will keep it from being too dark. Keep your eyes open!
- Buff both colors with circular motions to soften the edges
- Trace the upper eyelid with the dark coal pencil
- Trace the lower lid line and even water line
- Then, mix both the taupe and dark grey shades together, and smudge the bottom and top pencil line.
- Finally, use a dark, thickening black mascara, especially at the roots of the lashes to add a final layer of va-va-voom and voila – you’re done!
Once you’ve finished your smokey eyes, you can do the rest of your face and enjoy your night out!