Being in a rut is no fun. At all. It’s hard to get things done when you don’t have much motivation, interest and just feel stuck. Ruts can happen in your personal life, relationships, career, fitness goals, and so much more. But that doesn’t mean you have to stay stuck. In fact, if you do these 5 things, you can get your wheels moving again and feel better. How to get out of a rut starting today? Scroll down to find out.
One of the big reasons why we end up in a rut is because we fall into habits and routines. They don’t push us out of our comfort zone or give us opportunities for growth. So, yes – getting out of a rut may be uncomfortable at first, but it’s like jumping into the pool. It might seem cold at first, but before you know it you’ll be diving in over and over again.
- Start a new hobby to give yourself something to do that you really enjoy
- Say “Yes” when you would normally say “No”, not to overextend yourself and overdo it, but to experience something new and different.
- Rearrange and reorganize your space. A new space can help you think new thoughts by shifting your perspective.
- Put your phone down and give your mind a digital break. When you do, you might be able to see what you think and not just what other people think.
- Talk about your rut. Just communicating what you’re going through can help you get un-stuck. And you might realize that you’re not alone.
- Be creative, even if you don’t consider yourself an artist. So, whether you draw, paint, build, design, sew, or anything else – exploring your creativity can help you forge a new path.
- Exercise can really boost your mood and help you become more creative and confident – exactly what you need to get out of a rut.