No matter where you are in your self-love journey, it’s safe to say we could all use more of it. But it’s not always easy to love yourself – exactly as you are. If you can relate, take a look at these 25 self-love ideas. You’re bound to find a bunch that resonate with you.
Self-love gets a lot of hype these days, but what is it exactly? Self-love is the ability to take deep care of yourself. That includes your mental, emotional, physical and spiritual self.
In order to do that you have to accept who you are without judgement, shame or censorship. Who you are is exactly who you’re supposed to be. And when you accept this, you can love yourself more easily.
At first, it’s easier said than done. But when you learn to practice self-acceptance, self-love comes naturally.
25 ways to love yourself
- Spend time with people who understand you and lift you up
- Take those same people and prioritize your relationships with them
- Take time to rest
- Trust your gut
- Be present
- Work on your relationship with food
- Take time for self discovery
- Speak your truth
- Appreciate who you are
- Celebrate what you accomplish
- Attend to your spiritual needs
- Make sure you have fun – and lots of it
- Ask what you need and find ways to satisfy this need
- Ask for help – you shouldn’t do everything on your own
- Figure out what fulfills you and create it
- Wear clothes that make you feel good
- Have compassion for yourself
- Say “Thank you” when people compliment you
- Be mindful
- Learn how to open up with people you love
- Get out into nature
- Take time to heal your emotional wounds
- Laugh often
- Choose beauty rituals because they make you feel good
- Remove “should” from your vocabulary