No matter where you are in your self-love journey, it’s safe to say we could all use more of it. But it’s not always easy to love yourself – exactly as you are. If you can relate, take a look at these 25 self-love ideas. You’re bound to find a bunch that resonate with you.
Self-love gets a lot of hype these days, but what is it exactly? Self-love is the ability to take deep care of yourself. That includes your mental, emotional, physical and spiritual self.
In order to do that you have to accept who you are without judgement, shame or censorship. Who you are is exactly who you’re supposed to be. And when you accept this, you can love yourself more easily.
At first, it’s easier said than done. But when you learn to practice self-acceptance, self-love comes naturally.
25 ways to love yourself
- Call, message or visit the people who lift you up
- Notice how you feel without judging it
- Trust your gut
- Be present
- Eat foods you enjoy
- Take time for self discovery
- Speak your truth
- Appreciate who you are
- Celebrate what you accomplish
- Attend to your spiritual needs
- Make sure you have fun – and lots of it
- Ask yourself what you need and find ways to satisfy this need
- Ask for help – you shouldn’t do everything on your own
- Figure out what fulfills you and create it
- Wear clothes that make you feel good
- Have compassion for yourself
- Say “Thank you” when people compliment you
- Be mindful
- Make a list of the people who support you through thick and thin
- Get out into nature
- Let yourself feel your authentic emotions without judging them
- Laugh often
- Make time for your favorite beauty ritual
- Remove “should” from your vocabulary